Tuesday, April 21, 2020
This communication contains some new things since my last contact with you
AND ONE BIG (Pop Go the Sailors) ANNOUNCEMENT TOO!
- Have some fun and find out “What Choir Staff Member Are You?” Emily Mann has created a Buzzfeed Quiz so you can find out! Give it a try here: CLICK HERE!
- Don’t forget to complete your first “official” graded online assignment by this week Friday, April 24, by 3:00pm. Here’s a link to the assignment in case you missed it: CLICK HERE!
- Since you are not actually turning in this week’s assignment to Google Classroom (you are just submitting your Google Form answers), remember to go to Classroom and let me know you turned it in. It’s just nice for me to keep track of completed assignments there and I can also assign you a grade that you can see.
- Those of you that were going on the overseas tour should have received an email with an updated refund release. Check the email you used to sign up for the tour–that’s the one it was sent to. More info on a notary signing day shortly.
- Seniors, we are working on when/how we will collect your choir uniforms, folders/music (if you have them). More to come on this soon.
And now, for the BIG ANNOUNCEMENT! If we can’t have Pop Go the Sailors, live, in the MSHS Performing Arts Center, we can still do the best we can–that’s what we do! Special thanks to Timmy Schneider for bringing this idea to me and doing a ton of the work. He also came up with the title!
POP GOES THE SAILORS “STAYS HOME”
(A “CAN DO assignment”-NOT REQUIRED)
This online Pops performance will be a video compilation of solo covers and other pieces submitted by current MSHS high school choir students online.
You may submit a solo or a duet/quartet/sextet/etc. if you can figure out the video/audio components of that. The theme is “Stay Home”, so stay home! You may sing ANY SONG you would like. This is everybody’s chance to sing the songs they’ve always wanted to but couldn’t because of a theme! Please limit your auditions to three pieces maximum.
We are also looking for SENIOR SONG submissions! This selected senior song will be used in various senior videos being produced as well as performed at the July graduation ceremony, if we can have it. The senior song must be newly composed and performed by seniors only.
All auditions will be judged by the Choir Music Staff.
DEADLINE EXTENDED: ALL VIDEOS (including the senior song) ARE NOW DUE BY FRIDAY, MAY 12th.
For detailed information regarding both recording and submission of videos, follow this link (this is a must read!): CLICK HERE!