SINGING TREE SONGS ARE NOW AVAILABLE HERE (BEGINNING LATE MONDAY NIGHT/EARLY TUESDAY MORNING) FOR PRACTICE & MEMORIZATION PURPOSES. I’M TALKING THE ACTUAL RECORDINGS PEOPLE!! SEE “SINGING TREE SONGS 2007” UNDER “BLOGROLL” TO THE RIGHT OF THIS BLOG. THIS WILL BE A DIRECT LINK TO A WEBPAGE WITH ALL THE SONGS. CLICK ON ANY SONG AND YOU WILL BE ABLE TO LISTEN TO IT.
Chris Mattson and Logan White See me regarding the stuff we talked about last night.
1. SINGING CHRISTMAS TREE INFORMATION:
SINGING TREE TICKETS: Tickets are available at any Meijer outlet as well as at starticketsplus.com. You can also call the StarTickets call center number at: 1-800-585-3737 or tickets can be purchased at the Frauenthal Theater box office Monday-Friday from 11am-6pm.
PROCESSIONAL LINE LEADERS: We talked about this yesterday. If you were absent, check the line leaders list (posted on the right of this blog, under “Pages” to see if you are on the list.) Line leaders need to be at the Frauenthal this Sunday at 2pm to learn what you need to do.
2.TREE VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED:
TO THE RIGHT OF THIS BLOG (UNDER “PAGES”) IS AN UP-TO-THE-MINUTE LIST OF ALL PARENT VOLUNTEERS. THIS LIST WILL INDICATE WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO VOLUNTEER AND WHAT YOUR JOB(S) IS/ARE GOING TO BE. PLEASE CHECK THIS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE LIST AND DOING WHAT YOU EXPECTED. CONTACT CATHI WAALKES (SEE CONTACT INFO. BELOW) IF YOU THINK THERE IS AN ERROR. ALSO, THE FOLLOWING IS A LIST OF ALL THE VARIOUS JOBS AND AN EXPLANATION OF EACH ONE SO YOU WILL KNOW WHAT TO DO:
ALL volunteers should check in before heading back to your area. THANKS!
Construction Crew– Chairman Bill Hurst. Please arrive 9:00 am on Sunday, Dec. 2nd. If you can’t make it at that time, come as soon as possible. Bring 7/16″ deep well socket, 9/16″ deep well socket, open end wrench, same size, standard sockets, gloves and 3 foot rope to tie tools to self. Don’t forget tree tear down Sunday December 9th.
Decorations: Chairman Susan Newton. Susan will be there as early as 3:00 on Monday the 3rd. Please arrive as soon as you can. This team will work Monday until the tree is totally decorated.
Student Supervisors: Chaircouple Bryan & Meg Jennings. Being on time for this job is extra important. You will be with the students until showtime. As soon as they are in the tree and you work with Bryan and Meg to make sure a mess was not left behind, you are free to go. Students arrive Mon. & Tues. at 6:00 so YOU should be there by 5:45. Wed, Thurs, Friday please arrive by 6:45. Sat. early please arrive at 2:15 and if you are supervising for the late show please arrive by 6:00pm.
Tree Monkey: Chairman Dave Closz. Please wear dark clothes, no white socks or shoes please. Please arrive at least 45 minutes before the show starts. For Tues and Wed, please arrive at 6:00pm.
Ushers: Chairmen Sharon Possanza & Tami Sorenson. Please bring a flashlight and dress for the holidays. It is important for you be there an hour before showtime to help stuff programs and greet the people who come early. If you are new to ushering, you also need to be a part of the fire extinguisher demonstration. There will be on each night as close to 6:30 as possible. Plan on 6:30 for evening shows and 2:00pm for the early show on Saturday.
Candles: Chairman Julie Zuzelski. Please arrive an hour before each show. It is a busy time getting the candles ready for the procession.
Overlays: Chairman Diane Goodman & Patty Abdelkader. Please arrive 30 minutes before the show.
Product Sales: Chairman Jill White. PLEASE arrive at least an hour before the show. It is important to be there to help set up and be ready for the early arrivals.
Nurses: Chairman Jan Furman. Please arrive at least 30 minutes before the show.
Meal Servers: Chairman Chris LaBelle & Joe Masar. You will be contacted by separate email with more details.
The volunteers are coming in nicely now….thanks so much for your support of our program! Keep ’em coming…WE STILL NEED A FEW PEOPLE!!
STUDENTS: WE ARE LOOKING FOR 2 VOLUNTEERS PER CHOIR TO COME AN EXTRA 45 minutes early to help the parents check in students. Example: If you need to be checked in by 7pm, you would now need to be there by 6:15pm to help with check in. If interested, let me know.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER, OR IF YOU DID VOLUNTEER BUT DO NOT SEE YOUR NAME ON THE LIST, PLEASE CONTACT CATHI WAALKES AT (231) 286-9386 OR BY EMAIL AT: email@example.com
3. SINGING TREE EXTRA REHEARSALS AND CONCERTS: (OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL): There are rehearsals THIS WEEK Thursday, Nov. 29th (11am-1pm: It’s a 1/2 day…) and THIS Friday, Nov. 30th (SINGERS ONLY) These rehearsals are mandatory and are a very important part of the preparations for a successful concert!
TREE REHEARSAL/PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE:
MONDAY, DEC. 3 6PM-10PM
TUESDAY, DEC. 4 6PM-10PM
WEDNESDAY 7PM-10PM DRESS REHEARSAL WITH AN AUDIENCE
THURSDAY 7PM-10PM SHOW STARTS AT 7:30PM
FRIDAY 7PM-10PM SHOW STARTS AT 7:30PM
SATURDAY 2:30PM-10PM SHOWS START AT 3PM AND AGAIN AT 7:30PM. YOU WILL BE FED BETWEEN SHOWS!
SUNDAY 1:30pm-3:30pm SHOW STARTS AT 2PM.SINGERS ONLY AT THE HIGH SCHOOL IN THE AUDITORIUM.
4. COUPON BOOK MONEY OWED: COUPON BOOKS WERE DISTRIBUTED IN CLASS A WEEK AND A HALF AGO. The following people STILL need to pay for the one book they took ($20, checks payable to Mona Shores Choir). You will not be able to be in the tree if you do not pay by Tree week:
5. CHICAGO TRIP UPDATE:
Good news! Both trips are a go! Now that we have confirmed our hotel rooms and busses, we still have a bit of room on both trips if anyone is interested. I would need your $130 by Dec. 15th; first come, first served! The senior Chicago trip still has room for a few guys. The senior trip is closed for girls. The one day trip has room for either gender.
6. Chamber Choir Revised Rehearsal Schedule:
Thursday, Nov. 29th 2pm-3pm (pizza after the big Tree rehearsal first…..!)
7. Support our young singers (Churchill Elementary 4th and 5th graders) by attending “The Music of High School Musical” and help support our choir program as well. TONIGHT (Tuesday, Nov. 27th) at 6:30pm in our auditorium. $4 and the profits go to the HS Choir. Thanks to Lauren Cole and family for putting together this project and seeing it through!
8. SURVIVING AUDITIONS: Muskegon Civic Theatre’s Education Division will present an acting workshop titled, “Surviving Auditions,” for high school students and adults. Led by Jim Query, Kirk Wahamaki, Sheila Wahamaki and one other local director, the focus will be on helping individuals improve their audition and stage presence skills. Tuesday, Nov. 27th 6:30pm-9pm at the Muskegon Community College, Overbrook Theater. Cost is $10 each. For more info. see the posting on the wall in the classroom. There are forms you can take home on the table at the front of class as well.
9. The Allegro Parent Meeting, on the choir calendar for this week Thursday, Nov. 29th is going to be rescheduled. It will be rescheduled for a Monday in January (Yet to be determined).Also, there is going to be an Allegro full cast meeting on Monday, Dec. 10th at 3pm in the choir room. This meeting is not currently on the schedule so I wanted to give you all advance notice. At this meeting, we will hand out our scripts and scores, the Allegro contract, give out info. on Allegro Camp and most importantly, Molly will be assigning all the various smaller roles. We need to get this done before we begin vocal rehearsals (the very next day).
Finally, we would like to move all vocal rehearsals in December to after school from 3pm until 6pm. The holidays get very busy and this will work better for our schedules. Anyone have a major problem with this change? AFTER DISCUSSING THIS IN CLASS YESTERDAY, WE HAVE DECIDED TO OFFICIALLY MAKE THIS SWITCH BELOW.
The December Allegro Schedule WILL look like this:
Monday, Dec. 10 3pm-4pm First meeting (see above)
Tues, Dec. 11 3pm-5:30pm TIME CHANGE(was 6:30pm-9pm)
Wed, Dec. 12 3pm-5:30pm (was like this originally)
Thurs. Dec 13 No rehearsal (was like this originally)
Tues. Dec. 18 3pm-5:30pm TIME CHANGE (was 6:30pm-9pm)
Thurs. Dec. 20 3pm-5:30pm TIME CHANGE (was 6:30pm-9pm)
Vocal rehearsals will continue into January (the last one will be around Jan. 17th) on Tuesday and Thursdays. Wednesday’s will be blocking rehearsals. Tues/Wed/Thurs. choreography/blocking rehearsals will take over after Jan. 17 (approximately). Beginning in Jan. rehearsals are every Tues/Wed/ Thurs.
You will not need to be at every rehearsal. A specific rehearsal schedule for these dates (and the vocal rehearsals in January) will be given out on Dec. 10th. Molly will provide a “blocking” rehearsal schedule for late the rest January thru the run of the show on January 8th (the first vocal rehearsal after the holiday break).
10. There will be a Choir Student Executive Board Member meeting today (Tuesday) right after school in the choir room.
11. Thursday, Dec. 6 will be the 2nd annual “Tacky Sweater” day. REPRESENT PEOPLE!
12. Water bottles are in. We had a problem with T-Shirts and now they had to be reordered. Do you have your your money for the water bottles?!).
13. Would anyone like to have a Coffeehouse CD (compact disc) for $5?
14. Honors Choir People. See me today regarding some updated information regarding Saturday that I have for you. (Jill Newton, also get a Jazz info. thingy from me).
14. CHOIR SHOES UPDATE:
Susan LaVasseur not paid
London Williams not paid
Note: We will return to music theory lessons after the completion of the Singing Christmas Tree.
As usual, we began the day with a series of warm-ups followed by a sight-singing exercise. We have 21 different days of warm-ups (4 different warm-ups each day) and each of the choirs is singing from a different level of difficulty sight reading book.
Treble Choir: What Child, Santa BAby
Menâ€™s Choir: Jingle Bells, Lo, Rose E’er Blooming, How The Grinch Stole Christmas
Singers: Sigalagala, Lo, How A Rose E’er Blooming, Chirstmas Time is Here, Jingle Bells
Acappella: What Child, Santa Baby