1. NEW!! ADDITIONAL “LIVE” TREE SONGS ARE NOW UP FOR PRACTICING!! GO TO “BLOGROLL” AT THE RIGHT OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK “SINGING TREE SONGS 2007” TO HEAR THEM.
The new songs are: Sweeter Still: A Holiday Carol, recorded by “Singers” in class awhile back. Santa Baby, recorded by Acappella in class yesterday. We did not sing the solo so Ms. O’brien can practice!
Jingle Bells and Sleigh Ride-Track only–No singers–you sing the songs.
Veni Sancte Spiritus was put recently as well.
Good timesâ€¦.memorize, memorize, memorize.
MOST OF THE LYRICS TO THE SONGS (TYPED) ARE ALSO POSTED UNDER “PAGES” ON THE RIGHT OF THIS BLOG. IT’S THE FIRST LINK. These songs are now in PDF format, so you should be able to download them.Â
2. SINGING TREE TICKETS: Tickets are available at any Meijer outlet as well as at starticketsplus.com. You can also call the StarTickets call center number at: 1-800-585-3737 or tickets can be purchased at the Frauenthal Theater box office Monday-Friday from 11am-6pm. Tickets are $12 each. Note: There is an additional $2.50 surcharge, per ticket, when using StarTickets as your source for purchasing tickets. You can avoid this charge by going directly to the Frauenthal.
3. VERY IMPORTANT: PROCESSIONAL LINE LEADERS: Line leaders need to be at the Frauenthal this Sunday at 2pm to learn what you need to do. DON’T FORGET….THIS IS A HUGE RESPONSIBILITY!!
4.TREE VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED:
TO THE RIGHT OF THIS BLOG (UNDER â€œPAGESâ€) IS AN UPDATED LIST OF ALL PARENT VOLUNTEERS (AS OF NOV. 25). THIS LIST WILL INDICATE WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO VOLUNTEER AND WHAT YOUR JOB(S) IS/ARE GOING TO BE. THERE IS ALSO AN EXPLANATION OF EACH JOB UNDER THE CHART. PLEASE CHECK THIS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE LIST AND DOING WHAT YOU EXPECTED. CONTACT CATHI WAALKES (SEE CONTACT INFO. BELOW) IF YOU THINK THERE IS AN ERROR.
The volunteers are coming in nicely nowâ€¦.thanks so much for your support of our program! Keep â€˜em comingâ€¦WE STILL NEED A FEW PEOPLE!!
STUDENTS: WE ARE LOOKING FOR 2 VOLUNTEERS PER CHOIR TO COME AN EXTRA 45 minutes early to help the parents check in students. Example: If you need to be checked in by 7pm, you would now need to be there by 6:15pm to help with check in. If interested, let me know.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER, OR IF YOU DID VOLUNTEER BUT DO NOT SEE YOUR NAME ON THE LIST, PLEASE CONTACT CATHI WAALKES AT (231) 286-9386 OR BY EMAIL AT: email@example.com
5. SINGING TREE EXTRA REHEARSALS AND CONCERTS: (OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL): ThereÂ is a rehearsalÂ TODAYÂ (Friday, Nov. 30th SINGERS ONLY) This rehearsalÂ is mandatory andÂ is a very important part of the preparations for a successful concert!
TREE REHEARSAL/PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE:
SUNDAY, DEC. 2 2PM-3:30PMISHÂ PROCESSIONAL LINE LEADERS ONLYÂ
MONDAY, DEC. 3 6PM-10PM
TUESDAY, DEC. 4 6PM-10PM
WEDNESDAY 7PM-10PM DRESS REHEARSAL WITH AN AUDIENCE
THURSDAY 7PM-10PM SHOW STARTS AT 7:30PM
FRIDAY 7PM-10PM SHOW STARTS AT 7:30PM
SATURDAY 2:30PM-10PM SHOWS START AT 3PM AND AGAIN AT 7:30PM. YOU WILL BE FED BETWEEN SHOWS!
SUNDAY 1:30pm-3:30pm SHOW STARTS AT 2PM, SINGERS ONLY AT THE HIGH SCHOOL IN THE AUDITORIUM.
6. COUPON BOOK MONEY OWED: The following people STILL need to pay for the one book they took ($20, checks payable to Mona Shores Choir). You will not be able to be in the tree if you do not pay by Tree week:
7. THERE IS ANÂ UPDATED (AS OF FRIDAY, NOV. 30) Â REHEARSAL SCHEDULE POSTED UNDER â€œPAGESâ€ ON THE RIGHT OF THIS BLOG WHICH GOES THROUGH JANUARY. THERE ARE ALSOÂ NEWÂ HARD COPIES OF THIS SCHEDULE IN CLASS. DONâ€™T FORGET WE ADDED A MEETING ON MONDAY, DEC. 10TH FROM 3PM-4PMish. ITâ€™S ON THE DETAILED SCHEDULE.
8. This Thursday, Dec. 6 will be the 2nd annual â€œTacky Sweaterâ€ day. REPRESENT PEOPLE!
9. Water bottles are in. Do you have your your money for the water bottles?. Also, we had a problem with T-Shirts (a logo designÂ mistake was made) and now they had to be reordered. We are hoping to have them ready by next week Thursday (our opening night for the show).
10. Would anyone like to have a Coffeehouse CD (compact disc) for $5?
11. All “Pages” on this blog have now been changed to PDF format to allow more people to be able to view them. Under “Blogroll” on the right of this blog, there is an link to download free PDF software if you are having trouble viewing these pages. The “Green Sheet” or “Pre-excused Permission form link has been fixed as well.
12. CHOIR SHOES UPDATE:
London Williams not paid
Note: We will return to music theory lessons after the completion of the Singing Christmas Tree.
As usual, we began the day with a series of warm-ups followed by a sight-singing exercise. We have 21 different days of warm-ups (4 different warm-ups each day) and each of the choirs is singing from a different level of difficulty sight reading book.
Treble Choir: Didn’t meet, Exams.
Menâ€™s Choir: Didn’t meet, Exams.
Singers: Didn’t meet, Exams.
Acappella: Veni Sancte Spiritus, Lo, How A Rose E’er Blooming, Silent Night, Santa Baby
We also had a 2 and 1/2 hour after school rehearsal with the entire choir and orchestra. We rehearsed the entire program.
No classes today, but “Singers” will meet to rehearse with the orchestra in preparations for our concert with them next week Sunday.