1. ADDITIONAL “LIVE” TREE SONGS ARE NOW UP FOR PRACTICING!! GO TO “BLOGROLL” AT THE RIGHT OF THIS BLOG AND CLICK “SINGING TREE SONGS 2007” TO HEAR THEM.
The new songs are: Sweeter Still: A Holiday Carol, recorded by “Singers” in class awhile back. Santa Baby, recorded by Acappella in class yesterday. We did not sing the solo so Ms. O’brien can practice!
Jingle Bells and Sleigh Ride-Track only–No singers–you sing the songs.
Veni Sancte Spiritus was put recently as well.
Good timesâ€¦.memorize, memorize, memorize.
Overlays will be taken off between Silent Night and the “Singers” piece, “Sigalagala”.
MOST OF THE LYRICS TO THE SONGS (TYPED) ARE ALSO POSTED UNDER “PAGES” ON THE RIGHT OF THIS BLOG. IT’S THE FIRST LINK. These songs are now in PDF format, so you should be able to download them.
NEW!! Other Tree issues to be discussed today include:
Siyahamba solists. What you need to do.
Anyone who is climbing in and out of tree. What you need to do.
Chris Mattson and I need to talk today. So do I and Jill, Calder and Lauren C.
Nate A. and I need to talk percussion.
For everyone in the lobby during Siyahamba. We are going to sing one verse, in th African language, together in the lobby to get the song started. When we get to the first verse in English, we line leaders will begin walking. Do not go to quickly and step with the beat.
Tonight’s rehearsal. We are going to try something new for check in and for the start of the procesional. I will tell you what that is….
2. SINGING TREE TICKETS: Tickets are available at any Meijer outlet as well as at starticketsplus.com. You can also call the StarTickets call center number at: 1-800-585-3737 or tickets can be purchased at the Frauenthal Theater box office Monday-Friday from 11am-6pm. Tickets are $12 each. Note: There is an additional $2.50 surcharge, per ticket, when using StarTickets as your source for purchasing tickets. You can avoid this charge by going directly to the Frauenthal.
3. NEW!! PROCESSIONAL LINE LEADERS REHEARSAL YESTERDAY (SUNDAY): Where were you R. Buday, R. Smith, A. Davros, and B. Lanore? This was considered an outside of school rehearsal, and a loss of 6 points will be on your grade. More importantly, you will not know what you are doing tonight…See me after class please!
4.TREE VOLUNTEERS STILL NEEDED:
TO THE RIGHT OF THIS BLOG (UNDER â€œPAGESâ€) IS AN UPDATED LIST OF ALL PARENT VOLUNTEERS (AS OF NOV. 25). THIS LIST WILL INDICATE WHEN YOU HAVE BEEN ASSIGNED TO VOLUNTEER AND WHAT YOUR JOB(S) IS/ARE GOING TO BE. THERE IS ALSO AN EXPLANATION OF EACH JOB UNDER THE CHART. PLEASE CHECK THIS TO MAKE SURE YOU ARE ON THE LIST AND DOING WHAT YOU EXPECTED. CONTACT CATHI WAALKES (SEE CONTACT INFO. BELOW) IF YOU THINK THERE IS AN ERROR.
The volunteers are coming in nicely nowâ€¦.thanks so much for your support of our program! Keep â€˜em comingâ€¦WE STILL NEED A FEW PEOPLE!!
MUST CLARIFY!! STUDENTS: WE ARE LOOKING FOR 2 VOLUNTEERS PER CHOIR TO COME AN EXTRA 45 minutes early to help the parents check in students. Example: If you need to be checked in by 7pm, you would now need to be there by 6:15pm to help with check in. If interested, let me know.
IF YOU WOULD LIKE TO VOLUNTEER, OR IF YOU DID VOLUNTEER BUT DO NOT SEE YOUR NAME ON THE LIST, PLEASE CONTACT CATHI WAALKES AT (231) 286-9386 OR BY EMAIL AT: firstname.lastname@example.org
5. NEW!! SINGING TREE EXTRA REHEARSALS AND CONCERTS: (OUTSIDE OF SCHOOL): A number of you missed the rehearsal on Thursday (and some “Singers” missed Friday as well). Quite a few of you were late on Thursday as well (even when given 20 minutes after school to get to the auditorium), some by as much as 40 minutes. Do you not understand the importance of what we are doing here?! Because of the increase in the number of unexcused absences and tardies, I am going to create a new policy beginning now stating if you are unexcused from these rehearsals you will: A) not be in Tree and B) not be allowed to make up the points you lost by skipping/tardiness. In fact, these points went on last marking period and it is now too late to make them up. This really hurt some of your grades. As one student commented to me recently, “This is an elective….why would you be in this if you don’t want to participate?” I just don’t get it……WE ARE ONE BIG TEAM HERE PEOPLE!!! If this contiues throughout the week, we will again have to add time to the end of rehearsals like we did on Thursday. We cannot afford to rehearse without the full team present.
TREE REHEARSAL/PERFORMANCE SCHEDULE (UPDATED SUNDAY DEC. 2ND)
**YOU WILL RECEIVE A HARD COPY OF THIS SCHEDULE IN CLASS TODAY, ALONG WITH A 2 PAGE GUIDELINES SHEET.
SUNDAY, DEC. 2 2PM-3:30PMISH PROCESSIONAL LINE LEADERS ONLY (DONE NOW)
MONDAY, DEC. 3 Checked in between 5:45-5:55PM-10PM NO UNIFORM.
TUESDAY, DEC. 4 Checked in between 5:45-5:55PM-10PM WEAR YOUR UNIFORM.
WEDNESDAY Checked in between 6:35-6:45PM-10PM DRESS REHEARSAL WITH A LARGE AUDIENCE. SHOW STARTS AT 7:30PM WEAR YOUR UNIFORM.
THURSDAY AND FRIDAY Checked in between 6:35-6:45PM-10PM SHOW STARTS AT 7:30PM. WEAR YOUR UNIFORM.
SATURDAY Checked in by 2:05-2:15PM-10PM SHOWS START AT 3PM AND AGAIN AT 7:30PM. YOU WILL BE FED BETWEEN SHOWS! YOU MAY NOT LEAVE BETWEEN SHOWS. WEAR YOUR UNIFORM.
SUNDAY Checked in between 1:20-1:30pm-3:30pm SHOW STARTS AT 2PM, SINGERS ONLY AT THE HIGH SCHOOL IN THE AUDITORIUM. WEAR YOUR UNIFORM.
6. COUPON BOOK MONEY OWED: The following people STILL need to pay for the one book they took ($20, checks payable to Mona Shores Choir). You will not be able to be in the tree if you do not pay by Tree week:
7. NEW!! THERE IS AN UPDATED (AS OF FRIDAY, NOV. 30) REHEARSAL SCHEDULE POSTED UNDER â€œPAGESâ€ ON THE RIGHT OF THIS BLOG WHICH GOES THROUGH JANUARY. THERE ARE ALSO NEW HARD COPIES OF THIS SCHEDULE IN CLASS. DONâ€™T FORGET WE ADDED A MEETING ON MONDAY, DEC. 10TH FROM 3PM-4PMish. ITâ€™S ON THE DETAILED SCHEDULE.
8. This Thursday, Dec. 6 will be the 2nd annual â€œTacky Sweaterâ€ day. REPRESENT PEOPLE!
9. Water bottles are in. Do you have your your money for the water bottles?. Also, we had a problem with T-Shirts (a logo design mistake was made) and now they had to be reordered. We are hoping to have them ready by next week Thursday (our opening night for the show).
10. Would anyone like to have a Coffeehouse CD (compact disc) for $5?
11. NEW!! All “Pages” on this blog have now been changed to PDF format to allow more people to be able to view them. Under “Blogroll” on the right of this blog, there is an link to download free PDF software if you are having trouble viewing these pages. The “Green Sheet” or “Pre-excused Permission form link has been fixed as well.
12. CHOIR SHOES UPDATE:
London Williams not paid
Note: We will return to music theory lessons after the completion of the Singing Christmas Tree.
As usual, we began the day with a series of warm-ups followed by a sight-singing exercise. We have 21 different days of warm-ups (4 different warm-ups each day) and each of the choirs is singing from a different level of difficulty sight reading book.
There were no classes in session on Friday. Singers did have a one hour rehearsal with the orchestra in preparation for their concert on Sunday.